Effective Date: SEPT 25th, 2018; Last Updated Sept 25th, 2018.
- We Collect Personal Information From and About You.
- We Collect Information In a Variety of Ways.
- We Use Information As Disclosed and Described Here.
- We Combine Information.
- We May Share Information With Third Parties.
- You Have Certain Choices About How We Use Your Information.
- Our Sites and Apps Are Not Intended for Children.
- We Use Standard Security Measures.
- We May Link to Other Sites or Have Third Party Services We Don’t Control.
- We May Store and Use Information Inside India.
- You Can Contact Us About This Policy and Your Information.
- We May Update This Policy.
This policy describes how Edapt treats personal information. It applies to information we collect on the sites and apps where it is posted. This policy applies to both our Mentors and our Students. It also applies to all our users. Read this policy to learn about what we do and your choices. By interacting with us, you consent to our privacy practices.
We collect contact information. We collect your name and email address. We also collect your address and phone number. We also collect third party social media information like profiles.
We collect preferences and related information. We collect information about your arrival date. We also collect information about what types of people you like including preferred location.
We collect validating information. Connection with our services third party background companies collect photo and government IDs on our behalf. They may also collect background information for background checks.
We collect demographic information. We may collect your date of birth. We may also collect your age, gender and zip code.
We collect information you post. We collect photos and videos you upload to our site. We collect other information you may post on our sites and apps. We also collect information you might post on third party sites.
We collect payment information. If you make purchases with us we collect your payment card number and billing address with the help of recognized third party payment gateways.
We collect usage and location information. We may collect information about the browser you are using or your operating system. We may also collect device information including device IDs. We may also collect information about how and when you connected to us. We also look at the areas of our sites or apps you visit and where you go when you leave us. We may also collect information about your location. We may collect ISP information and IP addresses.
We collect information directly from you. We collect information when you register for an account. We collect information if you contact us.
We collect information about you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons and pixels. We do this on our website and in emails we send to you. We collect information about users over time when they use our websites. This includes usage and browser information. We may have third parties collect information this way.
We get information about you from third parties. Third parties who give us information include social media sites and third party apps. This includes your profile and public information on those sites. We may also collect information from users of third party sites who give us access to their profiles. We also get information from business partners.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions. We use your information to respond to your questions. This includes questions about our services or your relationship with us. We also use your information to process your registration with sites and apps and to let you participate in site or app features.
We use information to improve our services. We use your information to improve our sites and apps. We use your information to customize your experience with us. We also use your information to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you.
We use information for marketing purposes. We may provide you with information about services. We may also use your information to tell you about special offers or promotions. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We also use your information to provide aggregate information to our advertisers. We do this when legally permitted. We also use information to manage promotions.
We use information to communicate with you for transactional purposes. We might also contact you about this Policy or our Terms. We may also contact you if you have won a prize or promotion.
We use information for security purposes. We use your information to protect our company and our customers. We also use your information to protect our sites and apps. We use your information to prevent, discover and investigate violations of our Policy or Terms.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
If you are in Europe we process your information for different purposes. Our basis for processing your information is typically to perform a contract. Performance of a contract includes responding to your requests. We also process information based on consent or for our legitimate interests.
We combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We also combine information we get from third parties with information we already have.
We share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We may share your personal information with trusted third parties. These include companies who serve as our vendors and help us deliver products or services to you.
We may share your information with our business partners. We may share information with third parties when you enter your information into our apps and sites. These third parties may use this information to send you marketing information or track your purchases.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect you or ourselves. We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We will also share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. This includes U.S. and non-U.S. law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
We may share information if we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share information with a successor to all or part of our business, as permitted by law. If part of our business is sold, we may include customer information as part of that transaction. Where legally required, we will give you prior notice and if you have the legal right to do so, allow you to object.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You can opt out of certain marketing. To stop receiving our marketing communications please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions in any message you get from us. You may also opt out by contacting us at:
KnowHassles Edapt Private Ltd.
Gokhale Rd. Naupada,Thane (West)
You can restrict how we share information with third parties. If you do not want us to share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you can contact us at the email or address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries "Third-Party Marketing Opt-Out.".
You can access or update your information. You can access and correct your information by logging in to your account and editing it. You can also contact us at email@example.com. If you are in Europe you also have the right to restrict our processing in certain circumstances. If you are in Europe you also have the right to get a copy of your information to take to another company.
You may request that we delete your information. In certain circumstances, you may request that we delete your information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your information.
Parents can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
We use appropriate and reasonable security measures as required by relevant law. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise you that your use of our sites and apps will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the internet.
We keep information for as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes described here. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
Information we collect may be stored and processed in India. If you live outside of India, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to India. India may not afford the same level of protection as the laws in your country. By submitting your information you agree to the processing of it in India. as permitted by law.
You can also write or call us at:
KnowHassles Edapt Private Ltd.
ATTN: Data Protection Officer
Gokhale Rd. Naupada,Thane (West)
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. When we do, we will notify you of any material changes as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our sites and apps. Please check our sites and apps periodically for updates.
Effective date: September 25, 2018
KnowHassles Edapt Private Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://khedapt.com/index.html website and the Edapt mobile application (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
KnowHassles Edapt Private Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state,
province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
KnowHassles Edapt Private Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of KnowHassles Edapt Private Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide
the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Firebase is analytics service provided by Google Inc.
- We also encourage you to review the Google's policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Mixpanel is provided by Mixpanel Inc
- You can prevent Mixpanel from using your information for analytics purposes by opting-out. To opt-out of Mixpanel service, please visit this page: https://mixpanel.com/optout/
Links To Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site. We strongly advise you to review
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Effective date: September 25, 2018
- We use common tracking technologies.
- We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or app. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, tracking pixels, and similar technologies.
We use tracking tools, including cookies, on our websites:
- To understand the activities and behaviors of our customers and App visitors
- To recognize new or past visitors
- To improve our App and to better understand your visits on our platforms
- To integrate with third party social media websites and mobile apps
- To serve you interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising)
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our App visitors
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms. This might include apps.
Interest-based or "online behavioral advertising" includes ads that are served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant to you based on your shopping habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or on apps. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products and services, or other companies’ products and services. We get consent for interest-based advertising as required by law.
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we or our partners might look at your browsing behaviors. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others. We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Options you select are browser and device specific.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
Choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
Our sites use the following tracking tools to improve our sites and your experience on our sites. To opt out of these cookies you either click here or where applicable follow the specific instructions below:
- Adacado: We use this to serve retargeting ads. For more information on how to opt-out of Adacado cookies, you can go here.
- AppNexus: We use AppNexus advertising products and its scripts to collect data for building remarketing lists based on visitor behavior on the website, as well as measuring advertising effectiveness.
- AppsFlyer: We use AppsFlyer as an attribution solution to identify user's referral sources. You can opt out using this form.
- Braze: We use Braze for data analytics and marketing notifications. You can opt out here.
- DoubleClick: We use DoubleClick cookies to capture and report on the actions of users who visit our website after viewing or clicking on one of our paid search ads. This allows us to determine the effectiveness of our online campaigns in terms of both sales and user activity on our sites.
- Facebook Connect: We use this technology to allow users to share their experiences with our apps and websites on Facebook. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- Facebook Custom Audience: We use Facebook Custom Audience to deliver ads on Facebook to a certain group of users.
- Facebook Impressions: We use this technology to measure how frequently users are exposed to our content. For example, we may collect your browser information, demographic data, and interaction data.
- FullStory: We use FullStory to record your session in order to assist with technical difficulties and to determine user activity on our websites. For more information about how to opt out of FullStory cookies, you can go here.
- GA Audiences: We use GA Audiences to collect information about how many people visit our website, when they visit the site and how long they stay on the site. We may also collect visitor demographics, such as age, gender, and location.
- Google AdWords Conversion: We use these to deliver ads on Google to certain groups of users.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. For example, we collect details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our site.
- Intercom: We use Intercom to communicate with users directly through live chat and are able to send targeted marketing messages. For more information about how to opt out of Intercom cookies, you can go here.
- Kenshoo: We use Kenshoo to track the performance of our advertising. For more information about how to opt out of Kenshoo cookies, you can go here.
- New Relic: We use New Relic to track user website sessions in order to optimize the performance of our website. For more information about how to opt out of New Relic cookies, you can go here.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a social bookmarking site where users can upload, save, sort, and manage collections of images. We use the Pinterest cookies to enable social sharing buttons on our sites, as well as to track social media and other Web browsing behavior in order to target ads and promotions to your interests. For more information about how to opt out of Pinterest cookies, you can go here.
- Sift Science: We use Sift Science for fraud detection and prevention. For more information about how to opt out of Sift Science cookies, you can go here.