Edapt's Terms of Service
Last Updated: October 2018
Welcome to khedapt.com
The following terms and conditions (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Edapt website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.khedapt.com (the "Site"), by KnowHassles Edapt Private Limited. as applicable.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Edapt services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Services are services offered on Edapt.
Mentors are users who offer and perform services through Packages on Edapt.
Students are users who purchase services on Edapt.
Mentor Profile is where the Mentor can describe their Services and the Service’s terms, and the students can purchase the Services.
Packages allow Mentors to offer services in different formats and prices.
Pick is the formal agreement between a Student and Mentor before a purchase is made from the Mentor’s Profile Page.
Chat Page is where Mentors, Students and Co-Travelers communicate with one another.
Report Issue addresses disagreements experienced during an Service offering between a Student and Mentor on Edapt.
Revenue is the money Mentors earn from completed orders.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Only registered Mentors to be picked by students on Edapt. Registration is free.
- Services on Edapt may be offered at a different package fees.
- Students pay Edapt in advance to pick a particular Mentor’s services.
- Services are purchased through the Pick button found on a Mentor’s profile page or through a live chat window.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section here.
- Mentors must fulfill their services, and may not cancel scheduled visits on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling client appointment will affect Mentors’ reputation and status.
- Mentors gain ratings (Stars) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced ratings provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices.
- Students may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Edapt.
- Mentors create Service packages on Edapt to allow Students to purchase their services.
- Successfully completion of each Students’ services, accredit your account with a net revenue of 85% of the Package fees.
- Edapt accredits Mentor once all services are completed in the Package.
- If an Client Appointment is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the Student’s Account.
- Mentors may not promote their services or any Edapt content via the AdWords platform.
- The Mentor's rating is calculated based on the Students reviews. High ratings allow Mentors to obtain Higher Star ratings. In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Mentor’s account.
- For security concerns, Edapt may temporarily disable a Mentor’s profile to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by Students, or associating multiple Edapt accounts to a single provider.
- Mentors are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or otherwise, which may apply to them depending on residency or location. Mentors represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The Package fees shown on the Profile page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Mentors.
- Mentors are allowed to select multiple services from Service checklist at the time of registration to create a package.
- Services / Packages may be removed by Edapt for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violence
- Packages misleading to Students
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Students
- Services that extend beyond 30 days of service duration
- Exceedingly low quality services
- Services that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Mentor’s account.
- Services that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Services may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Statements on the Profile Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- Eligible Services and Mentors may price their Package on their own.
- You may not offer direct payments to Mentors using payment systems outside of the Edapt Order system.
- Edapt retains the right to use all publically published delivered services for Edapt marketing and promotional purposes.
- Students pay Edapt to create an service order from a Mentor’s Packages using the Pick button.
- Service Package may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: Credit / Debit Card,Net Banking, PayPal.
- Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a Student can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. Funds returned to your account from cancelled service order will not include service fees paid.
- In certain locations we may charge Students in their local currency. Students should note, however, that the Services’ local pricing is derived from converting their original US$ price and, therefore, local currency prices may change daily in accordance with exchange rates fluctuations.
- You may not offer Mentors to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Edapt App. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on Edapt, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Edapt; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- Service Dashboard helps you better manage your services on Edapt. Through Service Dashboard, Students and Mentors manage services in which all services included in the package are listed.
- Checklist has two way authentication for the completed services where Student and Mentor must select the completed services.
- Completion meter shows how much work has been completed so far.
- In case of any service dispute, Student and Mentor decide to stop the order, The payment is calculated based on service completion meter.
- Students may be charged with indirect taxes (such as VAT or GST) depending on their residency, location and any applicable law, in addition to the Package price shown on the Mentor’s profile page.
- Students agree that they are responsible to comply with all tax requirements applicable to them, including but not limited to any obligation to deduct or withhold taxes. It is hereby clarified that all prices and fees that appear on the Site are the net amounts that will be paid to Edapt following any direct or indirect taxes, levy, withholding tax and/or deductions.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created.
- Mentors must deliver services included in the Packages.
- An Package is marked as complete after the all the services are checked as complete by Student and Mentor both and then rated by a Student. An order will be automatically marked as complete if not rated.
- We encourage our Students and Mentors to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Edapt's Customer Support department for assistance by reporting issue against the Mentor chosen.
- When a Student orders a Service Package, the Mentor is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Mentors are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their service Package. Failing to do so will allow the Student to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the Mentor's status.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Edapt will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Mentor may cancel an order without the Student's consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the Mentor's status.
- Feedback reviews provided by Students while completing an order are an essential part of Edapt's rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Student's overall experience with the Mentor and their service. Students are encouraged to communicate to the Mentor any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Mentor.
- Leaving a Student's feedback is a basic prerogative of a Mentor. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Edapt platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Mentor ratings, or to abuse the Edapt platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Students are publicly displayed on a Mentor’s profile page. Students have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
- Mentors may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Students through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Mentors and Students to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Edapt's Customer Support department for assistance by reporting issue.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Edapt, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a Mentor or Student encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the App's dispute resolution tool: Report Issue to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Edapt reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the App.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the Students’ account based on completion meter.
- Edapt encourages Students and Mentors to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to Edapt to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Edapt system.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service delivered by the Mentor if the service was rendered as described in the Service tab on Mentor’s page. Students may rate their experience with the Mentors on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Students must use Edapt Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Mentor prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the Students failed to inform their Mentors of issues related to the Mentor’s service and will allow Mentors to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Edapt.
- Any non-permitted usage of Edapt encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Edapt’s Terms of Service.
- Edapt Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active Orders (Students receiving services from Mentor)
- The Mentor is late and unresponsive for more than 2 weeks while the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- The user is no longer an active Edapt user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Students who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Mentor not related to the agreed requirements.
- Edapt automatically refunds payments made for cancelled services back to your payment provider or bank account within 15 working days from cancellation confirmation. Funds returned to your account from cancelled services will not include service fees paid.
- Refund is calculated based on the completion meter and understanding the issue. Edapt holds all the rights to take necessary actions about refund and only qualified students will be notified on their registered email address.
User Conduct and Protection
- Edapt enables Students and Mentors around the world to communicate , coordinate and assist in any post-landing service they need at an unbeatable value and utmost ease. Services offered on Edapt reflect the diversity. Members of the Edapt community communicate and engage through Chat, Email, social media, and on Edapt’s Community Forums.
- Edapt maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Edapt. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Edapt.
- To report a violation of our Terms of Service, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team email@example.com
- To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Edapt in order to circumvent or abuse the Edapt’s messaging system or Edapt platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Service panel.
- Edapt does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Mentors. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Service panel.
- Edapt does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Edapt platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Edapt's platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- Edapt is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through Edapt to contract, engage with, or pay outside of Edapt.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Mentors by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Students or Mentors to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling services that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- Edapt reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Mentors. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Mentor’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Edapt will return parts or full revenue back to Mentors.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user's email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Mentor statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography - Edapt does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language - Communication on Edapt should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Edapt condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate services, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam - Edapt takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their required services.
Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Mentors further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Student, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Student. Any users who engage and communicate off of Edapt will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic Edapt Profile - You may not create a false identity on Edapt, misrepresent your identity, create a Edapt profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful.
Fraud / Unlawful Use - You may not use Edapt for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created
to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Edapt community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts.
Note: Any violations to Edapt’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse - We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Edapt. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our messages.
- Edapt reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Edapt's Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Edapt.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Disputes should be handled using Edapt's dispute resolution tools ('Report Issue in Service Panel) or by contacting Edapt Customer Support.
- Edapt may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Edapt will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Edapt after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Edapt will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL EDAPT, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY,
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR
ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, ACCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA,
AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.